MapleTree
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» I AM DAN FROM MAPLE DREAM
WilsonLuke's forum moderator application EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 11:20 pm by lightsniper

» Hello everyone! :D
WilsonLuke's forum moderator application EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 10:40 am by Yui

» New Website
WilsonLuke's forum moderator application EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 4:54 am by Anim3x

» What we need!
WilsonLuke's forum moderator application EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 11:44 pm by Crypt

» Formal Complaint.
WilsonLuke's forum moderator application EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:30 pm by WilsonLuke

» Staff Team
WilsonLuke's forum moderator application EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 10:17 pm by Crypt

» Item Sneak Peak!
WilsonLuke's forum moderator application EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 10:16 pm by Crypt

» Estimated time?
WilsonLuke's forum moderator application EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 5:25 pm by Crypt

» Adding new sections on the forum
WilsonLuke's forum moderator application EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 4:04 pm by Yui

Keywords

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 84 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:58 am

WilsonLuke's forum moderator application

4 posters

Go down

WilsonLuke's forum moderator application Empty WilsonLuke's forum moderator application

Post by WilsonLuke Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:45 am

Name: Wilson Luke

Timezone: GMT+8

Why should you be part of the staff team?: I am able to follow given instructions properly and I have rich experience with moderating the forum. I have basic knowledge about forum tools and I can be very active on forum which means that players that requires assistant will not have to wait very long for a reply.

How can you Help the Server?: I will try my best to reply to every single thread as soon as possible and ensure that no questions are left out. Besides that, forumers who don't obey the forum rules, I will give them a warning first. If the unacceptable behaviour continues, I will not hesitate to take immediate action.

In what ways will hiring you benefit the community?: Like what I have mentioned above, I will make sure that I reply to every thread(Questions/requires assistant). I will also minimize the waiting time to get a reply by checking the forum every half an hour.

If two players are fighting, what will you do?: If this happens on the forum, both players shouldn't be fighting on the forum as forum is a place for the public to share their oppinions and ideas. Therefore, I will politely tell them to stop. If the matter persist, I will give them each a warning or worst, a few days ban.

You see a hacker, what steps do you take?: I will quietly observe the hacker for a moment and try to screenshot his or her action and send it to the game moderators or the administrators to deal with the hacker.

You spot a GM abusing powers, what will you do?: I will politely tell him or her to stop his or her action immediately and apologize to the players( if the players have suffered). I will also take a screenshot of it and report the matter to the owner/admin.

You get accepted as staff, what will you do first?: If I am accepted as staff, I will like to create a thread that contains some information about myself. Next I will try to reply every single thread that requires assistant. Once it's done, I will close the thread so that other forumers will not be able to bump the thread. Which means that the forum will be more tidy.

If you were an animal, what would you be?:Rabbit

Have you been a Staff member of another community?:
(If yes, show proof [if possible] and names of servers). I was once an orgasm ms v83 GameMaster, ZakuraMS v83 forum moderator -Dewi(my username) and I was once being selected to be a forum moderator in probation in Garena

Are you currently working for any servers?: Nope

About yourself: I am from Singapore, I love playing Floorball,Volleyball and computer games. I am a vegeterian and I am always calm. LoL
WilsonLuke
WilsonLuke

Back to top Go down

WilsonLuke's forum moderator application Empty Re: WilsonLuke's forum moderator application

Post by mbola1 Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:06 pm

Good luck, I love meat fk dem veggies

mbola1

Back to top Go down

WilsonLuke's forum moderator application Empty Re: WilsonLuke's forum moderator application

Post by WilsonLuke Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:09 am

mbola1 wrote:Good luck, I love meat fk dem veggies

Thank you! Smile Vegetables are good for you. Smile Try to eat some.
WilsonLuke
WilsonLuke

Back to top Go down

Post by TheD3mon Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:01 am

WilsonLuke You have a very solid Application and i got nothing bad to say about it LOL.

I Wish you Luck
I do have a question.

(Example) You See Someone Abusing rules. You Go to ban them from the forum but realize they are using a VPN hiding there real Ip Address. What are your actions to make sure the Abuser cant continue.

(Remember you cant ban his router.)
TheD3mon
TheD3mon

Back to top Go down

Post by WilsonLuke Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:12 am

TheD3mon wrote:WilsonLuke You have a very solid Application and i got nothing bad to say about it LOL.

I Wish you Luck
I do have a question.

(Example) You See Someone Abusing rules. You Go to ban them from the forum but realize they are using a VPN hiding there real Ip Address. What are your actions to make sure the Abuser cant continue.

Greetings TheD3mon!

Thank you so much! So you're asking me how am I going to make sure that the abuser can't continue with his/her actions. Basically, once someone is being IP banned, he/she can create a new account by using VPN to bypass the ban system. With that, I honestly thinks that there's no way to complete ban someone as not to mention that even if you ban by IP all they have to do is unplug their router for an hour* and poof, new IP, since most ISPs use DCHP ranges for their non-business customers. and then what you've done is pre-ban someone from the same area from ever making an account on your forum. If someone is determined to troll your forums, they're going t troll your forums. no way around it. What I can do is to monitor the forum and when the none sense starts again, I will just ban the abuser again.

- It takes a few minutes to create a new account but it takes only a few seconds to ban.
WilsonLuke
WilsonLuke

Back to top Go down

Post by TheD3mon Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:40 pm

Brilliant Response! I wish you luck!
TheD3mon
TheD3mon

Back to top Go down

Post by Crypt Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:38 pm

WilsonLuke wrote:
TheD3mon wrote:WilsonLuke You have a very solid Application and i got nothing bad to say about it LOL.

I Wish you Luck
I do have a question.

Greetings TheD3mon!

Thank you so much! So you're asking me how am I going to make sure that the abuser can't continue with his/her actions. Basically, once someone is being IP banned, he/she can create a new account by using VPN to bypass the ban system. With that, I honestly thinks that there's no way to complete ban someone as not to mention that even if you ban by IP all they have to do is unplug their router for an hour* and poof, new IP, since most ISPs use DCHP ranges for their non-business customers. and then what you've done is pre-ban someone from the same area from ever making an account on your forum. If someone is determined to troll your forums, they're going t troll your forums. no way around it. What I can do is to monitor the forum and when the none sense starts again, I will just ban the abuser again.

- It takes a few minutes to create a new account but it takes only a few seconds to ban.

But what about a mac ban?

Crypt
Admin
Admin

https://mapletree.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheD3mon Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:24 am

You cant pull the mac ip address from the forum. And anyone knowing how to change there regedit can go manually swap there mac ip.
TheD3mon
TheD3mon

Back to top Go down

Post by Crypt Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:37 am

TheD3mon wrote:You cant pull the mac ip address from the forum. And anyone knowing how to change there regedit can go manually swap there mac ip.
you are able to pull mac ip's from a forum, and most people wont spend the time to change it.

Crypt
Admin
Admin

https://mapletree.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WilsonLuke Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:51 am

Crypt wrote:
TheD3mon wrote:You cant pull the mac ip address from the forum. And anyone knowing how to change there regedit can go manually swap there mac ip.
you are able to pull mac ip's from a forum, and most people wont spend the time to change it.

In my opinion, spoofing MAC address is too easy. Like what I have mentioned previously, if someone is determined to troll, there's not much we can do.
WilsonLuke
WilsonLuke

Back to top Go down

Post by WilsonLuke Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:53 am

TheD3mon wrote:Brilliant Response! I wish you luck!

Once again, Thank you!
WilsonLuke
WilsonLuke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down